Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holiday Cheer

So I will make this my final post for the day and possibly for a while. I feel like I have updated everyone and then some. My Grandma sent me an email of this, so I thought instead of sending out emails, because I am not a big fan of forwarding things, I thought I would post it and this way anyonne who wants to do it can copy and paste it on their blogs.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping paper, but if I happen to find the perfect gift bag that works too.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, I am terribly scared of spiders and I think they will infest my home if I bring in a real tree...{although when I was sharing this tid-bit of info with Manuel, I think he may have thought I was crazy}
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving if possible.
4. When do you take the tree down? mmm...usually right after Christmas, this year it will probably be after New Years weekend.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not a big fan, I hear its like drinking a pureed cheeseburger.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? probably my Teddy Rubxin bear...I saw one at Costco in Twin a month ago and was shocked he came out again..it's been a long time
7. Hardest person to buy for? I have too many to list.
8. Easiest person to buy for? This year, probably my nephew, Aidan.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it's brand-new :)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, definately
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly don't think I have received a bad gift, but one year I guess I was really emphasizing I wanted a Winny the Pooh bear and all my christmas presents that year turned out to be Winny the pooh somehow. I received the bear, a sweatshirt and some overalls with him on there as well. I think I was definitely over him real fast and now I don't even think he's anybit of a funny/cute thing at all.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? All of them.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? mmm...I usually start in November, early December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not so much on this one
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my Fathers oh so delicious YAMS...can't wait!
16. Lights on the tree? White ones
17. Favorite Christmas song? I think I pretty much love them all and start listening right after Halloween
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to good Ol' Burley
9. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, dasher, dancer, prancer,vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, and of course, Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Rustic Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Before marrying my family would open gifts on Christmas Eve at Grandma Asher's house then open our on Christmas with the Bench Side. Now that I am married, I try to fit it all in, but last year we opened the gifts my mother and father in-law gave us on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds, traffic and the rudeness of people. 23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have pine cone strands, red bead strands, little red bells, a rustic star, and a few ornaments collected over the year
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Dad's Yams would do, but I would probably be rolling home if that's all I ate. Ham, Yams, Salad, Rolls, Mashed Potatoes, Corn/beans, Pie
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Hopefully Santa got my letter or Ques: I would like a Cuisinart Kitchen Mixer, Black please. Maybe a new pair of shoes, my favorite ones are ripping from the sole...I noticed yesterday.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? .Anyone feeling the holiday cheer.
27. Who is most likely NOT to respond to this? The Grinch

1 comment:

The Grover Family said...

HEY chels, how was thanksgiving.... We all got the flu bug and were throwing up, thats why I didn't get around to calling you. I hope you're doing great, hey will you tell chance to add me to her blog I want to see her baby. Thanks. We might go up to see my mom around christmas sometime I'll let you know k.