Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Good ol'Altima

Friday as were driving out of Boise, a car ran something over and when that happened it flew back and we ran over it. there was no way of avoiding this item due to the fact we were in the fast lane, and there were cars next too us as well, so we couldn't have dodged it. So bam...we run over it and Manuel thought that he left it behind. Until I heard a sound that sounded like my front tire was flat... so we get pulled over and I get out of the car (Manuel told me to stay in, but really I wanted to see what happened to my car) So I get out of the car and I hear liquid pouring out rapidly, I was freaked, I don't know much about cars, but I think I know that if something sounds funny or something is leaking something must be wrong. Well when pulled out the item that we hit, this is what we found. It's like a metal piece from a back of an older car, it definitely took a toll' on the good ol' Nissan. The leakage problem that was going on just happened to be the Windshield washer fluid container and it barely missed the tire. Little did I know that if it would have got the front tire, the car would have rolled, I learned something and just one more thing to be afraid of while driving. I am just happy that nothing happened to us, that we were safe and nothing to damaging happened to the car, thank goodness. We do have a hole in the front bumper where it went thru and Manuel is not sure if it punctured the container of if it just popped the bottom lid off, we should probably take a look at that because I tell ya, having a dirty windshield sucks and especially since I think my windshield wipers rock, I miss being able to use them...they still work, I just don't like the sound of them on a dry windshield......shhhhrieeekkkkk....

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Uhh...yikes! I'm glad nothing too serious happened to you or your car. How fortunate (and unfortunate).

Anonymous said...

Aw man! I know exactaly how you feel when your nice, beautiful, shiny cars is marred by an event that was not of your doing. I'm glad you guys didn't get hurt (and that the damage is low and mostly out of sight). Hope you get your washer fluid back soon! :) Oh and thanks for the comment about Ally. She is getting back to her old self. Tomorrow she should be almost 100%.

Tim and Steph Ulrich said...

That's scary! I'm glad that you guys are ok!