Monday, January 5, 2009

New for 2009..Chelsea Vega, RHIT


So, since I graduated last May, I have been eligible to sit for the RHIT exam, (Registered Health Information Technician).. I kept putting it off, I wanted to take it during the summer, but didn't want to find the time to study, plus I wasn't registered to take it yet, then I registered in August, hoping to take it in October before school got crazy and I forgot all I needed to know. Well that didn't happen b/c school got crazy and lots of group projects were given and I didn't have time at all to study for this dang test. So I scheduled for January 2. It came quicker than I thought, but since school let out Dec. 18, I have been studying for this test like crazy. I was nervous for it the night before but when I woke up on Friday, I felt like I could have conquered the world, until I sat down to take the dang thing, then I got anxious, nervous and tired all in one. It was a 3.5 hour test, and I ended at 2.5 hours, knowing that I was doomed. It had an option where I could mark some questions then return to them later if time permitted. well I had plenty of time after I finished all 150 questions,(even though the paper says 130...I took 150, for some reason 20 don't count...) so I returned to the questions I was unsure of and I kept changing answer after answer, I was so unsure of how I wanted/needed to answer them. So after I changed a few, I called it quits. I have let that little game control my mind too many times and I have learned if I change the answer from what I first thought, it will just hurt me more than anything. So I closed the exam and walked out. I signed out, grabbed my things while the lady was printing my score out, then another test take came out and said her test was not working, so the worker told me to hold on. I paced the floor back and forth, for what seemed like forever, I was so ready to know my score and so ready not to see it either, I didn't know how I felt about it. She finally came back out and looked at the paper, punched it, signed and handed it too me "your all finished Chelsea" ...I scanned that paper up and down until I found "Congratulations on passing the exam" (Side note...Blogger is being real annoying right now, so just imagine that the picture at the top of this post is posted right here k...b/c that's how I had planned on putting it..but it's being a real bugger.)

I was so ecstatic. I passed. I was so happy. I called Manuel, he was half asleep, told him it was time to celebrate...his idea of celebrating at that point in time was for me to come home and finally get some sleep, b.c I didn't sleep the night before and he woke up at 4 that morning. I then called my sister, my mom and finally my dad answered. He was pouring concrete, but more than happy to hear me say I passed and he was very supportive. Later came the phone calls to Crystal, Elaine, Chanc and Mom. It was a good day. Especially after I was able to get a few hours of sleep, it took me a while to wind down, but it eventually came and then after the nap, we went shopping, I purchased some cute decor for the living room, we went to dinner my fav (Mongolian BBQ, with the best Dr. Pepper in town) and then we met up with some friends and went to a movie.


Now 12 more months of school...and I will graduate with my Bachelors and life will be grand...Happy New Year everyone, I wish you the best of luck in everything that you all do, good health, and a happy home.

7 comments:

Thomas, Jentry & Asher said...

Congratulations on passing your test! That has to be a huge relief!!! Cheers to 2009!

Nicole said...

Go Chelsea! You're awesome. I'm so proud of you for working so hard and coming so far. We sure miss you!

Reggie and Linda Lisle said...

I am so happy for you. Way to Go. I hate tests but life is full of them. this is a good way to start 2009

Lacey said...

YAY for Chelsea! I'm so excited for you that you passed! Sounds like it was an exhausting day. I bet you're glad it's over. Let us know when you're coming east again.... we'd love to see you.

the larsons said...

Chelsea!! It has been YEARS since I have seen your beautiful face. This is Jessica Porter by the way:) I found your blog through my moms facebook; your mom left her blog address as a comment and I decided to check it out! You look great as always! Congrats on getting married (I know it's a little late..sorry!!) You and your hubby are very cute together! If it is okay, I will add you to my blog list. My blog is brentandjessicalarson.blogspot.com. Keep in touch!!

the larsons said...

Thanks for the comment! I know where Meridian is. We thought about moving to Idaho and looked at a few houses online there. It is really nice. I am glad to see you are doing so well! We are just doing the norm.. work and being parents. BJ started his own company a few years ago and also works..so he is SUPER busy! We bought our house in Herriman about a year and a half ago. We really like it. Definitely keep in touch:)

LacyAsher#1 said...

I tagged you on my blog!! Maybe now you will post something new!! :)