Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Remember who loves you"


My very sweet Great Grandma Caroline passed away on Tuesday, and it was such a bittersweet day. She has been wanting to leave this world for quite some time but because she had such a bitter attitude towards being as old as she was and still living, I would always tell her that heavenly father didn't want to take someone so bitter as her, she would always tell me, "You're right Chelsea, I wont talk about it again." She was such a wonderful lady and my favorite. I loved her so much, and I realized she was such an important part of my life when I moved to Boise. If I was in need to talk to someone, late at night, I knew I could call Great Grandma and she would be so happy to just have a phone call ( and probably the only one awake at around 11 at night that wouldn't mind the phone ringing). From 2004-2007, we spent welcoming in the New Year together over the phone, Grandma always stayed up really late and I can tell you that every phone call ended with "Always remember who loves you Chelsea, I do" This last New Years was different, I couldn't call Great Grandma, because she had moved to Highland Estates and she always fell asleep around 9. It was definitely different, but I was glad that I knew she was taken good care of. I loved going to Burley to visit Great Grandma, I would always "Surprise"her,because she would be so happy too see me. Sometimes I would call her and be talking to her on the phone when I walked in to her house and those moments I will never forget, she was always so surprised and made me feel loved. I will miss her dearly, but I know she is in a better place. The last time I saw her, we were taking her to the Dr., she was fighting everything in life, eating, sleeping, and LIFE. She was miserable and I knew that the time was coming for her. When I found out a couple weeks ago when the paintball tournament in Burley was going to be for Manuel, I was so excited because I finally was going to have time to go home and visit with her. I had some big plans for us, I was just going to visit her for a long time because I missed her. I miss her playing with my hair (Manuel plays with my hair too and , Great Grandma always would ask me if he still plays with my hair and if I like it as much still) I had it in my head that this would probably be the last time I would see her because all the news I had been hearing from the family, she wasn't doing very good. My plans changed on Tuesday, and I know they changed for the best, I am glad she is home, and where she has wanted to be for several years.

5 comments:

LacyAsher#1 said...

I am so sorry for your loss chelsea, but your right. She is in a much better place now, and its where she wants to be. Let everyone know that we are thinking of them. Love you guys!!

Nicole said...

very sweet. :'(

Lacey said...

We love you guys! I'm sorry to hear about your Great Grandma, she was an awesome lady. I had a great time the one time I got to meet her, she sure was sweet. We're thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Chels, I didn't know, I'm so sorry to hear about this. When Grandma Melba died it was the same kind of thing. It gets to a point that they are just ready to go home. I hope you and you're family are doing ok. We'll see you tomorrow.

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Chelsea! Hello, I'm glad you found us. Cute blog. Sorry to hear about your grandma. She seemed so sweet. I'm glad you're all married and settled. You two look so happy.