Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Easter and alot has happened..a little bit of everything

So...I know it has been so long since anything has been said on here- I apologize. Life is just crazy, and I have been wanting to blog for such the longest time, but it just hasn't happened. So with it being Easter today, I was planning on getting caught up on some major housecleaning, homework, and my plan was to download/upload some pictures and blog...had my day planned. I thought I was going to be alone for Easter, and I was little bummed, b/c I don't ever remember being alone on Easter- but I was a little bummed, but excited to get caught up on somethings, but then my sweet Sister in law VANESSA called me up and asked me to come over. My in-laws came up to Boise this weekend, so I actually spent the entire day with them, it was fun!


Since the last blog- we have been blessed with a new addition to the Vega family! A GIRL!!!! She's adorable and oh so tiny and I love her- she's so fun to hold, and has the most prettiest hair---as Manuel would put it, "she has the silkiest hair ever!" Alyson Vega was born March 22, 2009 to Hector and Paulina- so now we have 1 nephew and 1 niece we get to spoil- She's a lot of fun b/c she's the first grandchild on the Vega side, and I don't think my mother in law could be happier- She's a proud ABUELITA (Grandma).. As you can tell my espanol is increasing muy picito-hah (Spelling in Spanish, not so much yet)


For Spring Break- WE WENT TO MOSCOW!!! it was a much needed little vacation, and I couldn't have picked a better place...Why Moscow?? Well b/c Chanc, Randy, and Aidan are there- and it was so much fun to spend 4 days with them- I loved it. I love my sister and wish she lived closer- --We went to Moscow in the middle of the week and spend lots of time laughing and eating and game playing. Wish we had more time, but Spring Break only last a darn week- bummer. While we were there we went to the States most Interesting Store- TRI-State- I have to tell you- Wednesday after we arrived, Chanc needed to deliver some goodies to a few of her friends so I tagged along. As we were driving, we passed by Tri-State and it literally says "States Most Interesting Store" on the sign, so of course I was rather intrigued, but not only b/c of the name, this store is attached to an ACE HARDWARE STORE- WEIRD. That my friends is why I wanted to check it out, which store could possibly be attached to an Ace? When I think of Ace, I think of Burley, and Ace is an awfully weird place I think- it has almost anything and everything from tools to wedding gifts. Anyway, Tri-State was pretty cool though- didn't find anything worth buying- but just checking it out was cool. So we did a little shopping in the little mall there in Moscow, went to Winco more times in one day than I ever have probably in one month--weird I know--ON Saturday we drove up to Spokane- We had never been there and I gotta tell ya I was a little skeptical when we arrived. The part we drove in thru and out thru were very odd- almost white trash city. I remember seeing a lot of garbage bags out on people's yards, it's as if the yards are there dumpsters. Downtown Spokane is gorgeous though, lots of green trees, parks, buildings, old ones too :) It was raining most of the time we were there and we had planned on going to some botanical gardens I think, but instead we just hit up the mall and walked around and what not- Drove back to Moscow and it started snowing on the way there- CRAZY! Ordered Smoky Mountain- and played Balderdash-my new favorite game!! Sunday we woke up rather early b/c Manuel had planned on stopping in Ontario to practice with the team and when Manuel looks outside, it was covered with like 5 inches with snow- so that made for a very eventful, me freaking out b/c the guy behind us was too close, drive to Lewiston, which is only about 4o miles away from Moscow, but don't worry it took us close to 2 hours to get there. The roads were so covered over, we weren't sure if we were on the road- but once we got down into Lewiston, it was so green and so calm...weird how the snow just lapsed right over that town :) Moscow was pretty fun, we plan on going back this summer to go on a camping trip- one reason we went to Moscow was for the little man's 1st Birthday- it was a great party too- We invited Cousin Callie over and we just had ourselves a jolly old time- between hamburgers, home-made onion rings- we were rollin!!! Then we had to add in the home-made birthday cake- it was an ice cream cake roll- and Aidan devoured it, it was too good not too though, it was Delicious. he had no problem eating it either :) Can't believe he is 1 now, time went by quickly, but he's a great little guy-







1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey sister. We loved having you here! And we miss you so much. Can't wait to see you in a month.