Saturday, May 9, 2009

NEW FRIDGE-

I have had a love/hate relationship with the refrigerator---sometimes on good days, the fridge was nice, it would keep things cool, such as a Dr. Pepper on a hot summer day, or on a bad day when I just needed that extra boost of caffeine...other days...I would go to cook some chicken and come to find it has been defrosted and refrozen....process repeated many times- so I quickly became tired of buying freezer food and having to throw it away due to the fridge's behavior. Its an older fridge, my brother in law purchased it in 2003-white, freezer on top, fridge on bottom, you know your standard fridge. Well sometimes when one would get in the fridge, and close it behind them, the freeze would pop open, not enough to where you could see it was open, but enough to make it defrost everything. Well then it became real angry and would start freezing stuff in the refrigerator part...yep, you read that right, it would freeze like eggs, sandwich meat, applesauce, WATER, you name it, if it was in the fridge, it was bound to get frozen, first it was just towards the back of the fridge, if the items on the shelf would get pushed too far back, then then it would freeze them. But then it started freezing everything, like my Brita water container, you don't know how many times I went to get water to find nothing in the glass b/c it was just solid ice- well I would complain to Manuel that we needed a new fridge and he must have thought I was going crazy, because he never found anything wrong- until one day, when he had to pack his own lunch and when he took the food out of the fridge from the night before-it was frozen- yeah that did it right there for him...(it has been doing it to me for over a year). But long before he figured it out, I quit buying meat for the freezer, I would just buy it when I needed it, which in turn sucked b/c I don't like going to the grocery store very often, and having to do it for every dinner meal, it was becoming real annoying- and a couple times turning my sweet Grandma Carol down b/c she was offering us some beef, but I told her no, b/c it would just get ruined (Ready for it now Grandma), so we have been looking for a while online for a fridge that we liked, and I was sold on a black one, it would match the other appliances, right...so finally we find time on Wednesday to go to the store and look. We went to Best Buy, found the one we wanted, left and thought about it for a while, and then I convinced him to go back that night to get it. So we were back in the store, and look at the fridges one more time and we come across this Titanium, side by side, fridge, sweet looking, same price as the one we were set on, and then I had to go back thru the "do I really like this fridge" process. IT was perfect in every way, we decided to go for it, told the guy and he was ordering it for us and there were 4 more at Best Buys warehouse- but it wasn't letting him order a new one...so he sold us the floor model. But before we were sold, I walk to the fridge and the first thing I notice is a dent in the bottom freezer door- I was a little bummed, but no worries, I didn't care- they were giving a 10% discount on the additional clearance price- so it wasn't bad- but then after we were sold on it, he pulls it out away from the other fridges, and right along the side of it was a big scratch (Appliance employees really need to learn to take better care of the appliances they deal with, Seriously) so after much thought and a headache later, we purchased the fridge and were well on our way home. I told Manuel to call someone to come help him bring it in-so Gordo and Vanessa came over, and the two men worked real hard to get inside- they couldn't bring it thru the garage, because it wouldn't fit through the two laundry room doors, and I didn't think of the sliding glass door until they were stuck in the front door, and then I tried to take the glass door off the track, but I have no clue how to do that, so I just watched them fit it through the front door-it was sad, it didn't really fit, they had to work real hard to get it through, and during that process, mind you the fridge is still wrapped in plastic, but shoving it through the front door, somehow the plastic got cut, and the handles on the fridge, have little scratches, no worries, scratches or not, I have a new fridge and I love it.



In fact, I love it so much and am so happy- I can buy otter pops and they will be frozen and delicious, not frozen, melted, frozen..etc. I have lots of room and it's funny because when I was cleaning out the other fridge, I was throwing things away that were just old, and so our new fridge looked pretty empty- I had a door full of condiments and random odds, but the rest of it it was feeling lonely-Friday, Manuel's family called and wanted to have a BBQ and it was blast, and the fridge sure can hold alot of food :) It's full now, and it looks great- WE had another BBQ today and sure was delicious- Carne Asada is my favorito!!! *and homemade TORTILLA's too- mmm...and one other good thing- I NEVER HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER BAG OF ICE WHEN MY FAMILY COMES, ICE IS ON HAND, FILTERED WATER ON HAND-WHOHWOH!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I LOVE ICE.

Grams said...

Your firdge is awsome. Enjoy it and the Ice. It is a wonderful thing to live in this day and age.