Friday, September 19, 2008

Chelsea and the Horrible day turned good by a nice note, Blow Pops and a Dr. Pepper

I am sure there have been worse days than this one, but as of right now, it's was awful. Work started at 7 in the AM...so just to give you an idea of what time I woke up (5:45 AM) anyway.. Work with the kids was fine, minus the incident with not wanting to go to school, yelling, fighting, being late to school..what a morning. So I took Margaret and family to the airport, on my way back I was definitely not all with it and I came over the bridge by BSU and apparently I was going 45. Couldn't tell, Acura's drive so smooth...not so much, I should have been paying better attention. So as soon as I come down, I hear it...a siren...lights in the mirror and him motioning for me to turn down the street instead of pulling over. Great. He was very polite...a little to polite in speaking but a hard core officer. I couldn't find my license but I could tell him the number, (Am I the only one who has the drivers license # memorized, b/c when I said that, he was like, "hmm...really?") He was probably thinking "this girl must be a trouble-maker" haha. not really. So as he is writing my information down (such as eye color, hair color, weight,) I find the license. As soon as I hand it too him , he looks at me and says "well, here it says you are 5'3", you said you were 5''4". I respond, "I said that?, I don't remember you asking my height". "oh, your right, I was thinking of asking that question" You know, I wonder how much police officers can get away with saying they asked and accusing the "violator" of lying, resulting in a bigger fine. arrgg. Thanks to my great Listening skills and a little defensive attitude I have, I set the man right :). Anyway, well because I was going 45 in a 30 zone, I was fined $75....if I had been 1 mile over (46), my fine would have been $140...holy crap. He warned I was near the boiling point. I really never speed, I am usually a good driver, very attentive, but my mind definitely wasn't with me at the moment. So this resulted in some tears because I couldn't believe I let my self do that, and I was a bit "teary-eyed" at the drive thru at the bank. No, not at a pull-up to the window and see the teller face-to-face, one with a TV, a camera and speaker. I thought I was playing it cool when she first came on, I just said hello, fine thanks", not really making eye contact... So when she returned my receipt, she came back on and said "Chelsea, I am sending your receipt along with a little treat, I hope you have a better day." Oh I was a bit more teary, just b/c I think I was more embarrassed than anything, but she was a big sweetheart. There are those in life who just make ya so mad, because of their rudeness, but then there are the sweet ones, which you don't find a lot of anymore, a lot of bitter people out there, but when you find one, they sure are sweet. She also wrote a little note on the receipt and I think I will post it on the fridge for a while. Because really, I knew life would be okay after I received this.

FLASHBACK: So when I was coming to Boise a few years back with Stephanie and Hilary, I was speeding 90 in a 75 so Steph could get to a restroom, I see lights, (out of no-where again, cops sure are sneaky, usually I am cop detector.) anyway, that ticket, oh my lands was like $175,( I was seriously in the boiling then) and here I am pouting about a $75 one, well let me explain, that was like 5 years ago, meaning I think my record is, well was clean, now I have this on me :(


I think what brought a bigger smile to my face was that I was special enough to get BLOW POPS, not just a dum-dum or a Safe-T-pop, I got 3 BLOW POPS (Apple, Watermelon, Strawberry), not a bad selection if I do say so my self. So if you my friend are a teller at US BANK, that wrote a sweet note to "Cheer-up" a customer, I sure do appreciate it. Keep it up, because that technique definitely works on a girl like me. Anyway, then my dear husband took me for Dr. Pepper..it sure was delicious with that hamburger I had as well (bad I know)

1 comment:

Tim and Steph Ulrich said...

Ha ha. I remember that trip! Did we even ever pay that ticket? Man That Jack in the Box was a welcome sight!!!