Monday, September 1, 2008

We will part with the BLUE and go with the NEW

Can I just tell you that September 1st (today) is/was the best day of September and a day I have been awaiting to happen for quite some time. What is this suspense you ask??? MY HOUSE WILL NO LONGER BE BLUE. You know a year in a half ago, when I first drove by my then soon to be house, I cried... I cried in the car coming down the street before I even saw the house, because I could see the chimney and it was blue, very blue. I cried because it reminded me of a porta-potty and anyone who knows me knows that I am deathly terrified of the dang things. The color has definitely worn on me and I don't mind it anymore, but still terrified of porta-potties. Anyway, today we bought the paint, it will be probably another month before we get it painted, due to the fact that we have stuff going on every weekend in September, but none-the-less, it will be changed shortly. So you can all anticipate the change and we will definitely be posting pictures.

SO GOOD BYE BLUE HOUSE



AND HELLO TO THE NEW PAINT :)



Now, hopefully the colors are right, like we wanted them and I won’t be disappointed. I must say, I wish that we didn't have to go thru this b/c it was like heck deciding which color to use. Now I know that we have an Association here in this neighborhood, and I know that we are suppose to ask permission to paint...but I have no idea how to even contact the association I have googled and phone booked them and nothing has popped up, at least I tried. I am sure it won't be a problem, because trust me; we definitely do stand out in the neighborhood like a sore thumb. I don't really like the idea of asking "permission" from someone else to paint my house when we are the owners here; I don’t need permission for something like that. Funny story as to why I don't think it will be that big of deal to not get "Permission." Last year before we moved in, I was here cleaning the house and Vanessa was my company at the moment and I knew Gordo was coming to pick her up and the doorbell rang...we assumed it was Gordo but looked out window and it was different man. I answered it and he asked me if he could paint my house, he gave his card and all...I am still convinced that it was the Association that sent him because supposedly he lives in the neighborhood. Mmm... a little odd but funny. I was embarrassed, I knew this house was a bit "unique" if you will, but I was already having a hard time dealing with the color let alone having someone else point out that my house needed painted...

Patience Patience Patience



4 comments:

Nicole said...

Ahh...tis a virtue. Great post. I smiled as I envisioned your smile as you finish the last roll of paint. You will be a happy girl. Congrats.

LacyAsher#1 said...

Your house is so cute, from what I saw in the pictures. I haven't seen your house before. You will love it even more after you paint it. My sister just finished painting her house, before it was baby blue and light yellow. She called it her "Easter Egg" house. I am so happy that you get to finally paint it. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo, how awesome is that! I'm happy for you. :) Let us know what weekend you guys are thinking of getting it done. We're still willing to come up with the sprayer and get it knocked out in half a day.

The Grover Family said...

WOW chels that is blue!!! I'm excited for you to get the change done!! I was up to twin this weekend but so freaking busy I did not have time to see anyone but my mom. But we are coming up again soon We will have to set aside extra time and find something to do!! Love ya -linds