Friday, October 10, 2008

Apparently Traffic Violations take a back seat in my life!

So I am just letting you all know that if you don't' hear from me, it may be due to the fact that I will be hand-cuffed when I turn my "traffic violation payment" in...Why? oh well because it will only be 3 days late. Whether I mail it or "hand" deliver it, still 3 days late. How could I have forgotten about this, I mean it starred me down every time I went near the fridge. So today, just had to be the day I realized that it was due on the 10th, not the 15th. I know it's my responsibility to know when my ticket is due, but since Sept. 19, (they day I received the dang thing) I kept thinking the 15th. Why the 15th, I have no reason, except for the fact that the officer would kindly gave me the ticket, said "now ma'am you have from Oct 3-Oct 15, to make this payment or appear before the judge" okay, now I am a person who doesn't forget easily, the 15th it is :). until today, when I just happened to think, oh I should take it off the fridge right now and write the check and put in the mailbox so it may arrive early :) (always like to be on time with things, apparently traffic violations take a back seat in my life) So when I was looking for the address, right there, it says Oct 3- Oct 10th...WHHHHHAT??? It's Oct 10, at 6:35 p.m, what am I going to do...I freaked out, put my Jacket, as if I were going to take my ticket right then...(really we were headed out for a night of pizza and bingo) and I just stood there shaking my head, freaking out as if I were going to be put in jail...I don't know what happens when you don't pay your ticket on time, and if there is a little grace period, but hopefully nothing will come of this, and if it does, well this will be in-deed, my first/last time of paying something late and lets hope it will be my last ticket I receive. anyway, well the ticket and my payment are ready to be mailed. Hopefully I will be seeing my check go thru the bank next week, before you see my mug shot on this website (by the way, I have always wondered how you add links to words, but I just figured it out and I am super excited)

p.s. I won't be "handing"my payment in , I am mailing it. my brother in law tongight told me thats what will happen to me...or maybe it was my sister in law, anywho, that's why I am mailing it, they will have to catch me first.. {Insert Evil Laugh here}

2 comments:

LacyAsher#1 said...

I think you have a grace period on that, espescially when there is a weekend. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as they get their money, I don't think it is that big of a deal.

Nicole said...

Whatever- you're a gonner. A lifer- in prison that is! Mwahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh!!!