Sunday, October 12, 2008

YoU hAvE gOt To Be KiDdInG--

What will they think of next....seriously this did give me a good laugh tonight, I read it on someone else's blog but it's worth reading. Honestly how could the FDA approve this...good thing I don't really like Ben & Jerry's, but if I did, I definitely don't anymore.

Our Saturday night fun comes from laughing about this article from the Chicago Tribune. Tell me this is a joke...PLEASE let this be a joke. Continue reading after the article...In a highly unusual break from the normally sane and practical modus operandi of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the animals' rights organization has petitioned the successful and highly visible ice cream maker Ben & Jerry's to replace the cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk.PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves. PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health."The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."It's hard to argue that 'the breast is best,' so I polled the office for some ideas for flavors that Ben & Jerry's might make with human breast milk.How would you like to wrap your lips around a scoop of: 'Titty Tiramisu' or maybe, 'Mammary Macadamia Nut.' If that doesn't titillate you, you might want to try, 'Fudgie Juggs', 'Nippley Neapolitan', or 'Racky Road?'

While I was laughing about the ice cream names, I can't imagine digging a big ol' spoon of sweet "breast milked" Ice-Cream...not exactly something I find to be of interest.......Nasty
It's is crazy to believe that some nursing mothers will sell their breast milk, you know making it their job, to other mothers of babies. I understand that giving the children the best nourishment, but not from another women...GrOsS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS nasty! How weird would that be to be eating someone else's breast milk?! I would never even drink my own, nasty! And how is it better to be taking milk away from human babies than it is cow babies? I tell ya, some of these people are crazy!

Anyway, I hope everything has been going well! I know what you mean about missing everything. I've been meaning to call you but you know how that goes. Marc will probably be stuck down in Texas for long periods of time. We're hoping to spend at least Thanksgiving and Christmas together though. He's def. not gonna make it to your guy's party and he didn't really want me going by myself so I dunno. It sucks!

Anyway, do you know when you'll be coming down again? We need to at least have lunch or something next time you're down. Hopefully it'll be soon! I'll call you some time so we can catch up. TTYL!

LacyAsher#1 said...

I can't believe that!! How can they even think of making it out of breast milk. GROSS!! They will lose alot of business if they do. Once again GROSS!!!