Friday, October 10, 2008

Furnace issues

So this week we figured out our furnace wasn't working to its potential :( the coldest time I swear too. So Manuel and Frank figured it must be the ignitor b/c the heater would turn on but no heat, it just blew air..and not hot air, which was an issue with me. So Wednesday Manuel fixed the ignitor problem (we bought a new one :)) Tonight we purchased and installed a new thermostat...it's pretty sweet. It's a flushed mount thermostat, so it doesn't stick out, it even with the wall. So while Manuel went to chat with some old buddies from work on their lunch break, I sat at home trying to figure the thing out, it's digital, it's programmable, there fore its a piece of confusing work for me. I set it, but I know my husband will reset it because it will be too hot for him.(while he was gone, I turned it up to 76 and was enjoying my nice warm house, until he called, I turned it down, then right before he got home it shut off because it's met it's "targeted temp", which was 72 or 70, can't really remember...but it was nice and warm while it lasted.
* When I moved into my 2nd apartment here in Boise, we didn't have to pay utilities and my room had it's very own thermostat , meaning I could make it how ever hot or cold I would like, without affecting Nancy or Claudia's room, oh I was in heaven, not having to pay for it was even more of a great thing, I had the room set at 80 most of the time and it was heaven, if only I could just have free utilities now, well at least Free HEAT*

Anyway, after about an hour of trying to figure out how the programmable features work , I gave up, it's too confusing, all I need to know is how to turn the temp up and how to shut it off...that's all :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've been a busy little blogger! Much more diligent than myself. That's sweet that you got a new thermostat. Fancy stuff! Oh, and I've kinda always wanted to crash a senior center's bingo night but I've never had the guts. Bravo! Hopefully you'll win next time.